Snapshot Serengeti Talk

How's it going everyone?

• arfon by arfon

I'm new to the Serengeti - how's about you?

Posted

• arfon by arfon

Clearly I like talking to myself.

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

Tempting to stay silent and see how far you'll take the conversation 😃.

Posted

• Caro by Caro

I like it very much Arfon. Worryingly addictive. Back to OW. 😃

Posted

• biminibob by biminibob

Just started - looks fun. Last went to South Africa 6 years ago and missing the wildlife. Hope to get some time to spend on here.

Posted

• kirbreton by kirbreton

Awesome, but I'm trying to figure out how to post a capture to a discussion board in case I have a question on one of them. Since you're an admin, maybe you can help me...

Posted

• kirbreton by kirbreton

Ahh, figured it out! Never mind!

Posted

• clariki by clariki

I get stuck on the instruction video. It shows pick antelope/zebra and that is not a choice. nothing moves

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

Why are there two identical threads ?
    #justasking

Posted

• mothnflame by mothnflame

@clariki, I got stuck there too, on internet explorer. Tried switching to chrome and that worked better. Maybe the admin folks can tell us if there's a preferred browser.

Can't wait for the phone app!

Posted

• surfin_andrew by surfin_andrew

Yes, definitely could be addictive!

Posted

• surfin_andrew by surfin_andrew

Yes, definitely could be addictive!

Posted

• clariki by clariki

I use Firefox and IE... so maybe I am out of the fun. You are right, they need to say. But I do get annoyed when a browser is picked for me!

Posted

• brightwanderer by brightwanderer

This is awesome! I've classified pictures on several of the zooniverse projects and this is already my favourite. 😃

Posted

• DJ_59 by DJ_59

It's the first one in the last few years that grabbed me from the get-go. I can see myself forgetting to go to bed at night again, like I used to do on GZ and MZ.

Posted

• mowgli by mowgli

Can Admin tell us how long this project is likely to last please?

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

I can tell you that the science team is hoping that this project will be collecting camera photos for several years to come! The Serengeti Lion Project has incorporated the camera survey into its long-term vision for understanding Serengeti ecology -- and so as long as the Lion Project lasts, so will the cameras.

Posted