Snapshot Serengeti Talk

What photo was the hardest to classify?

• vdurand by vdurand

Is there any way to tell which photo went through the system the most? Which there was the most disagreement about what was in it?

Posted

• tirralirra by tirralirra

Yes, I'd love to see that too. Maybe a blog post about some of the images with the most diverse classification.

Posted

• maxnorton by maxnorton

The night time ones, with just some eyes in the diark refelecting the flash are tough.

I'd be interested to see how those get classified. Do people's imaginations run wild (leopard, rhinoceros) or do they shorten the odds (wildebeest)?

Posted

• tirralirra by tirralirra

Someone here recommended the Irfan Viewer. It makes it easy to drag and drop an image, enlarge it, and fiddle with exposure and contrast. That has helped a lot to ID the eyes in the dark.

Posted

• vdurand by vdurand

I'm actually betting it would be one of the just ear shots or something 😃.

Posted

• maxnorton by maxnorton

@tirralirra I'm mostly using an ipad so i dont have that option. I have found a trick to get slighy larger copies of the pictures though that cna help.

@vdurand You can tell a lot from an ear. Shape, size, colour, position in the frame etc. all help narrow down the possibilities.

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

I've been working on getting Season 4 ready, but when that's up, I'll have a look at the results from Seasons 1-3 and do some blog posts about what I find. Probably after the holidays, though...

Posted