Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Hypothetical rankings

• apmorgan by apmorgan

If Zooniverse projects gave people a ranking based on the number of contributions they'd made, what do you think those rankings would be?

For example: 1-5 = dabbler; 6-50 = beginner; 51-500 = junior devotee; 501+ = archdevotee. (This feels about right to me: a dabbler has tried out the project to see if they like it, a beginner has tried it out and hung around for a while, a junior devotee has shown a genuine interest in the project and contributed a corresponding amount of time to it, and an archdevotee has done enough for a badge. FWIW, I'd be a junior devotee.)

I don't intend this as a suggestion, necessarily. I'm just curious about what word/phrase different people think encapsulates what amount of contribution.

Posted

• tirralirra by tirralirra

hmmm.... what would you call 3,000+ ??

Posted

• apmorgan by apmorgan

Does 3,000 feel much different to 501? When you get past 5,000, maybe "hero".

The project I've contributed the most to was IceHunters, with 450 classifications. Snapshot Serengeti is in second place, at 282 classification and counting. I've made 27 classifications in other projects. (My Zooniverse Projects page says I've contributed to nine projects, but usually that just means I've watched the tutorials or something.)

I like projects where you don't have to think too hard, and can use them to wind down at the end of a long day. Or -- at the moment -- while having a coffee break in between the pre-Christmas housework. It's a good way to relax, almost meditative.

Posted