Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Birds

• Spaceman98 by Spaceman98

There are no ID tags for most birds, so perhaps we can post bird images here and try to identify them ourselves? ASG0006hsf for example.

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

I can help with bird IDs.

Posted

• craigpacker by craigpacker scientist

David Bygott is one of the best birders in Africa so that would be a great assignment!

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

Blush, not so, but I could probably mobilise some real pro's if needed

Posted

• tirralirra by tirralirra

Heronimus has a collection of c.340 bird pics here...

http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/collections/CSGL00000h

We could crowd-source some IDs??/

Posted

Three people have bird collections with 346 images and the numbers seem to rise together. Are they doing this manually, or is there some way to add groups of images to a collection, or clone someone else's collection?

Spaceman98, Gamachii, and Heronimus are the three.

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

They might have created a "tag group" collection, so that any image that has a particular tag gets added to the collection automatically. So if each of them set up a tag group for the tag #bird their collections would grow at the same speed as people tag images with that particular tag.

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

One of the scientists asked if we could tag any photos with unidentified birds with the tag #bird so they could be gathered up and studied exactly as suggested here. I've been doing that with my photos that contain birds.

Posted

oh, I wondered what 'tag group' did. I clicked it once and added a few tags but it didn't seem to do anything. Yes, I've been tagging #bird and adding to a bird collection when I see bird pics.

I'll have a go at playing with it some more.

Posted

• simba1 by simba1

Can someone please tell me how to "tag" a capture as #bird?

Posted

• Spaceman98 by Spaceman98

Just go to discuss and add #bird to the coments

Posted