Snapshot Serengeti Talk

This is what I did today!

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

Instead of doing some more classifying here, as I was going to, I decided to be a big kid and make something in the snow, that we have got here, in the UK at the moment, so rather than the typical classic snowman everyone usually makes, having been inspired by the big cat pics on here, I decided to made a fairly realistic looking laying/crouching 'snow' leopard showing its teeth.😄 ..... in years past I created realistic looking penguin n chick, seal/sealion and a 'Snowlar' bear, that ended up taller than me, mouth open with teeth!! I've never taken sculpture classes or anything, the neighbours are impressed....

Maybe if its ok with the moderators, I could post a couple of pictures of the 'snow' leopard???

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

Go for it, AowlanCrystal!

This is the "Just Chatting" board, so as long as it's reasonably family friendly, and legal, it's fine to post stuff here. And anyway, leopards is entirely in keeping with the "spirit" of these discussion boards. 😃

Looking forward to seeing the results of your snow sculpting!

Posted

Sorry for delay, not been well, but here are 3 views of my 'Snow' Leopard snow sculpture! hope you like him. and thanks for letting me share.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Posted

The snow wouldn't roll into a ball, so had to be patted and pressed hard together, so took me a while to get it together, so fast running out of time and daylight to get it finished, so rather than try to hide the gravel that already got in it with some nice clean snow, I used it to quickly make some markings, but don't think its too bad, since the snow wasn't at its best for clumping together, had it been I might have had time to make a couple of cubs too, maybe another year.....

Posted

• lifesart by lifesart

That's brilliant AowlanCrystal!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

Pretty impressive ! 😄

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

That's awesome! I'm seriously impressed!

(And I hope you're feeling a bit better. 😃 )

Posted

Thanks for the compliments. I'm feeling better today thanks, sadly I've got Lyme disease, with late diagnosis, so's long course of meds, I'm improving, but way Lyme affects you and how the drugs attack it, mean you get flare ups or Herx's, lasting from hours to days, although number of severe ones, not so bad now, n the Lyme arthritis has greatly improved from this time last year. 😃
    Although like most people with fluctuating medical conditions, I sometimes, tend to do too much on the better days and pay for it after, like playing in the snow for hours.....LOL 😃 but most importantly I enjoyed myself, knew it wouldn't cause lasting problems and thats all that matters!! Never say 'you can't', until you've tried. Snow and Leopard have all gone now, rain washed it away, just have to wait until we get more snow, to sculpt some other animals, although I think a 'snow' giraffe might be a tall order !! hahaha .... sorry...LOL

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator in response to AowlanCrystal's comment.

...although I think a 'snow' giraffe might be a tall order !! hahaha .... sorry...

Lol! So you should be - that's an awful pun! :p

And I hope 2013 brings you more of the "better" days. 😃

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

Lovely sculpture, and all the best!

Posted