Snapshot Serengeti Talk

I wonder...

• El_Lion by El_Lion

Say... does this project subliminally target the ancient hunter-gatherer in us?
    I find it very addictive. I collect a lot of the animal pictures and it happens so many times that I tell myself "okay, maybe the next one has an animal on it and I wonder what it is and if I can find out". And I click on the next one and on the next one and... then I check my watch and find out that it's a lot (a LOT!) later than I thought and I'm going to be late for whatever else I had planned to do.
    Funny enough, I don't seem to learn from it and don't seem to overly mind. 😄

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

Maybe...

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

Definitely!

Posted

• chaoticidealism by chaoticidealism

I bet it does. I mean, humans have been picking out interesting objects from scenery since before we were even human, before we were hunter-gatherers at all. It could be a primate thing; monkeys, apes, and such all have to be able to pick out objects very well, in order to live in trees, hunt live prey, and pick out ripe fruit. Other animals have different specializations. My cats, for example, specialize in noticing movement... outlines and objects are unremarkable to them, but if something moves, it has their attention. It's all about how your brain is wired up.

Posted