Snapshot Serengeti Talk

End of season

• kirbecker by kirbecker

NOOOOOO! I just got a message that we have reached the end of the season. What will I do with me free time? Any word on when Season 10 will be available?

In the meantime I guess I'll give Gorongosa another shot. I have been less inspired there as the images are less stunning and we don't have the "movement" option with 3 back to back captures.

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to kirbecker's comment.

I also got this message on Classify-page. Great work from all of us!

I don't know yet, when we get more images but already put that question forward. So hopefully we get more information soon.

Big thanks to all the wonderful people in here!

I am so happy for meeting you all the people all over the world, interested in same things. I have really enjoyed being here in Snapshot Serengeti with you.
    I really hope that we all meet here when the next season comes and continue this great and valuable work.
    Together we make a wonderful team. 😃

The message on Classify-page

Posted

• sharpeagle by sharpeagle

We are done? But I really like classifying the animals. 😦

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to sharpeagle's comment.

It seems, that we are not done yet! Classify-page started to show images again since yesterday, so we can classify them.

I have not yet received information what these images are. I will inform you as soon as I get more info. They seem to be from earlier this season, about 5 months ago.

But because they are shown to us, we can happily go ahead and classify and enjoy these images 😃

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

Hi Everyone!!
    Man, you all are FAST! You've blasted through the end of Season 9 in a ridiculous hurry. We are frantically preparing the next batch of images, and hopefully will have them up TODAY. They're an extra special batch of images -- from all over the park.

In the meanwhile, we've just re-activated images from Season 9 so the site still works and you can still classify. And we do still use those classifications, but if you want to take a quick peek at the other projects that might need more help, www.wildcamgorongosa.org and www.chicagowildlifewatch.org could use your help!

But it's looking like we will have new images up by the end of the day, from Season 10, so stay tuned! Could be an exciting weekend!!

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to aliburchard's comment.

Really great news !!! Thanks Aliburchard! 😃

Posted

• Amelievb by Amelievb

Good stuff! Thanks mariksu and aliburchard!!

Posted