Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Season Extended Survey for us to classify!

• maricksu by maricksu moderator

Happy to inform you, that we have now Season Extended Survey to classify!

the Snapshot Serengeti Extended Survey is a Special Edition of Snapshot Serengeti.

This season is loaded with photos from new locations in the Serengeti Ecosystem.
    You can read more information about this season and the research connected to this season in our Blog.

https://blog.snapshotserengeti.org/?_ga=1.1005233.1014146594.1449503413

Let's enjoy doing this valuable work and the wonderful Serengeti! 😃

Posted

• chipo by chipo

Well I got a gazillion No animals present and then it told me we are finished. Ok, thnks.

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to chipo's comment.

Thank you for informing, if problem with Classify-page! You are the 2nd so far, who might have the same problem with the page.
    It can be temporary. I have already asked help for this, but have not yet received more info. Could you please try again little later, and if it continues, inform here.Thank you for your patience, I really hope this will be ok soon 😃

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

Oh no! We had some issues with the database, but are trying to fix it just now. SHould be sorted soon.

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to aliburchard's comment.

Hi Ali!

I just got a message from zooniverse team, that this should be fixed now! 😃

Posted

• parekhnish by parekhnish

Some images are too bright, making recognition almost impossible. Can this be fixed?

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to parekhnish's comment.

Hi Parekhnish and welcome to help with this great project!

We have noticed that some images are very bright and overexposured. There is though unfortunately no way for us to improve the images in any way. Some images may be quite hard to interpret but not impossible and we just need to try to do our best in identifying also these images. And we all here help each other in every way we can.

Extended Survey season is a special edition of Snapshot Serengeti and connected to a different research, more info in our Blog. Cameras were set to wider area in Serengeti Ecosystem, some places are fairly remote. Cameras were also set at higher level from the ground than usual, to get wider/certain view of the herbivore and vegetation. Thus some cameras were exposured longer periods/directly to the sun and even some sensors went broken. Researchers could get to some cameras only every 3-4 months to check them, because of their remote placement.

Here some links to discussions where scientist in this research has commented these things

https://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/?_ga=1.162969852.1394240084.1478376452#/boards/BSG0000001/discussions/DSG0001lj3

ASG001rzuf

ASG001pis9

All images are still important and most of the images are really great so hopefully you will have fun and enjoy doing this valuable work with us 😃

Posted