Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Season 10 progress bar?

• Sydneysider01 by Sydneysider01

Hi. I was wondering when they plan to update the progress bar on the home page. THere must of been thousands of images processed now, but it does not seem to have moved off zero!. Is this an uatomatic measurement, or must be manaually set? It would be a good motivator to be able to see us progress across the set. Thanks!

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to Sydneysider01's comment.

Hi Sydneysider01,

You all have been wonderful and done absolutely great work, and I agree it is important to all of us to also see our progress on that bar.

Not sure, why the progress bar on front page does not show anything yet. It is an automatic system. I have though put this issue forward to our team, so hopefully we soon get more information 😃

Posted

• Sydneysider01 by Sydneysider01

Thanks it will be interesting to see where it jumps to.... yay! this week I've just completed my 25,000th classification on SS!

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to Sydneysider01's comment.

Congratulations! Wow, what a number of classifications, big thanks for your wonderful contribution to Snapshot Serengeti! 😃

Posted

• lucycawte by lucycawte moderator

Hi everyone,
    I have been in touch with the Zooniverse team and it appears there is a glitch in the system when it comes to our progress bar. They have assured me that it will be sorted next week sometime once the tech who can do this sort of magic returns from holiday.
    Thanks for your understanding, I too cannot wait to see how far we have got to.

Lucy

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to lucycawte's comment.

Hi Lucy, big thanks for your help and this info! Very happy to hear, we soon get that bar fixed 😃

Posted

• lucycawte by lucycawte moderator

Hi all,
    The progress bar is fixed. Looks like we are about half way through. This season there were 690 000 images to classify so we have done a great job so far. Keep up the good work.

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator

Thank you Lucy for the info! Our progress has been absolutely wonderful! Huge amount of images done already in this season 10.

Big thanks to everybody for your wonderful and valuable work! Let's keep this up and classify the rest of these lovely images! 😃

Posted