Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Will we have our stats?

• cgendreau by cgendreau

I think it would be nice to have our stats in our profile page.
    Very cool project!

Posted

• Onegoodturn by Onegoodturn

Nice to get feedback - ideally just our own to compare with consensus.
    Possibly an option, once classified blindly, to see what others have said about the same pic.

Posted

• Wolbo by Wolbo

Agreed, I couldn't find any statistics and it would be nice to add some.

Own statistics

• photos identified

• favorites

• photos per animal type

• photos per type of behavior

• photos per group size

• timeline

Total statistics

• idem

Posted

• sheilasmail by sheilasmail

I would love to know about the classification methodology. As in, if 2 say it's a hartebeest, and 5 call it a wildebeest, is it "majority" or would someone check the photo?

Posted

• biminibob by biminibob

It would also be nice to see somewhere a running grand total of each animal type, e.g. 1,256 Wildebeest, 15 lion, 2 Leopard. It would be nice to see our own stats for that, and for the group as a whole.

Then we can also see when we have "bagged" at least one of each animal. Nerdy, but nice.

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

User stats are a great idea, but not a functionality we currently have. We'll explore the feasibility of that for the future.
    @sheiasmail -- kosmala is going to posting a blog soon about how the data reduction procedure works, and how we deal with different levels of uncertainty in the classifications. Hopefully that will answer a lot of questions about why we want everyone's best guess, and why we aren't too worried about people making mistakes.

Posted

• DJ_59 by DJ_59

I'll cast my vote for this, too. It's always nice to be able to see everything at one glance like that. We citizen science types are a little bit nutty about out stats. It can be motivating.

Posted

• arfon by arfon

We're working on this. I think we're about a week away from having something pretty special for the profile pages. In the meantime you can see how many classifications you've made on your profile page on Zooniverse Home

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• vjb by vjb

I'd like to second the request for a notation when there has been a comment on an image that we have just classified--rather than having to click "discuss" to check.

Posted