Snapshot Serengeti Talk

"Finished" doesn't seem to work

• rphubbard by rphubbard

...at least when I click it after identifying something, nothing else happens...no more images appear. The button greys-out and a white dotted perimeter appears, but that's it. Perhaps there is some other way of moving along, but all I've found is to click the "back" button twice or to click on the header. I'm not sure any of my identifications are even registering.

Posted

• dual27 by dual27

I am having a similar problem except when I click finish nothing happens. I have tried in both firefox and chrome.

Posted

• bgirard68 by bgirard68

Same here. It's not registering when Finished or Favorite is clicked. If it was registering, you should show recent images when you look at your profile.

Posted

• F.KellyUMN by F.KellyUMN moderator

Several people have been having this and similar problems. The project leaders are currently working with the website developers to fix this and other problems involved in the the "finish" button and the tutorial. Hang tight, and thank you do much for your help!

Posted

• stevage by stevage

Same deal. Both Chrome and Firefox.

Posted

• farrider by farrider

Same issue. Affects all browsers.

Posted

• pughd by pughd

Page is broken, javascript error on clicking finish button (using c hrome)

Uncaught TypeError: Property 'body' of object # is not a function

Posted

• Willitte by Willitte

Same as above, Finish button still inoperable.

Posted

• penrica by penrica

Exactly the same here - stuck on wildebeest with nothing else coming in on 'Finish'

Posted

• symbolt by symbolt

Same here. I can get to another shot by simply refreshing, but then "Finish" doesn't work.

Posted

• Faredin by Faredin

If you are logged in then the finish button doesn't work...if you classify without logging in then it works.

Posted

• LisaMarieArt by LisaMarieArt

The finish button works great for me UNLESS there is nothing in the image and I check the 'nothing here' tickbox. Doesn't matter how many times I click it, it just sits there and does nothing.

Posted

• David_Lloyd by David_Lloyd

The finish button doesn't work for me either and whenever I click on the classify button at the bottom it's just bringing me back to the tutorial again.

Posted

• Robcheerio by Robcheerio

I started getting this problem after I signed in - before that it was working fine in IE anonymously

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

Hi guys -- One thing I've noticed is that if you need to return the filtering interface to it's list form before the FINISH button activates. If you have any animal clicked, then the FINISH button is inactive -- even if the "nothing here" button is checked. (Also, to that end, make sure that you click "identify" when you want to record an identification; that will take you back to the main filtering list and allow you to move on.) Hope this helps for some of the issues; we're working with the development team to sort out the rest. Thanks!

Posted

• neko by neko

I'm getting this too. The error in Chrome is

Uncaught TypeError: Property 'body' of object # is not a function

It also doesn't work in Firefox.

Posted

• Sliert by Sliert

IF YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN, THE FINISHED BUTTON DOES WORK. SO JUST START WITHOUT BEING LOGGED IN!

Posted

• sirhawkins by sirhawkins

Same to me- but only when logged in.
    Anonymous Classification works fine for me.

My Scriptdebugger tells me:

TypeError: c.body is not a function

...idth)||0),k=c}if(k.position==="relative"||k.position==="static")l+=i.offsetTop,m...

applic...0-53.js (Zeile 1)

Posted

• ctcmikeg by ctcmikeg

Also experiencing the same problem. The site was working fine yesterday, but unable to move any further that the tutorial today. Clicking "Finish" does not launch you into live classifying as it did yesterday.

Posted

• SlickWilly787 by SlickWilly787

I'm having the same problem. When i click finish nothing happens. The button looks like it is grayed out.

Posted

• bowdenfamily by bowdenfamily

So, what is anyone doing while this is a problem? Refreshing the page? Signing in and out? Only identifying one image? We are enjoying this and await the fix!

Posted

• brianmcdonald by brianmcdonald

Same here, Finish not working

Posted

• brianmcdonald by brianmcdonald

Should the Finish button automatically refresh the page/bring the next image to classify? I

Posted

• erixooon by erixooon

Similar problem. Finish button works only when I am not signed in.

Posted

• maggiemflynn by maggiemflynn

Same problem - IE8. I can refresh and get a new picture, but it's not showing the recent pictures on profile page - so is it doing anything. Worked fine this morning.

Posted

• paul.katcher by paul.katcher

Same problem here when logged in the Finish button does not bring up the "Next Capture" option.

Posted

• maggiemflynn by maggiemflynn

I'm back - it's not working at all right now - guess I'll have to actually do some work today.

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

Same issue - in Firefox on Macbook, and Safari on Macbook and iPad

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

Thanks for all the reports guys. We're looking into this right now and should have a solution soon.

Apologies for the broken behavior!

Posted

• tom65 by tom65

noticed the same problem!

Posted

• skeptech by skeptech

Was working before I signed up , once I logged in my account that is when is stopped working. Pass that along to your developers.

Posted

• lolinda by lolinda

Same here. It started after I checked ' nothing'. From that point on the 'finish' did not work.

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

Okay, I think I've located the problem! Care to reload and try again?

I've also added a warning for old, unsupported browsers, which I suspect might have been the problem for some folks.

Posted

• neko by neko

It's working now. Thanks, Brian!

Posted

• sirhawkins by sirhawkins

great work. thx

Posted

• arfon by arfon

If anyone is still having issues then it may be worth trying to delete your browser cache. You can find instructions on how to do that here

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• TychoJoe by TychoJoe

Stuck after the tutorial. "finish" does nothing.

Posted

• Muzzy165 by Muzzy165

Same here on an iPad. It worked fine for 10 pics or so, then it stopped. Even a restart wouldn't fix it.

Posted

• Robcheerio by Robcheerio

It seems to be working onk now - thanks for fixing it!

Posted

• TychoJoe by TychoJoe

only that works for me is the tutorial, then nothing. Cleared out history, nothing

Posted

• analia by analia

same here! I "Finish" doesn't work =(

Posted

• so666 by so666

Funny, I have no problem with this page, never had; browsing with firefox 17.0.1

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb

It works for me

Posted

• analia by analia

Finish button still inoperable, when is gonna be ready the whole thing?

Posted

• FIFA24 by FIFA24

same here. the finish does not work

Posted

• arfon by arfon

If you're still having issues it might be worth trying to delete the cache in your web browser. You can see how to do that here

Posted

• IsabellaD by IsabellaD

I have cleared my cache. When I login and choose classify, I get the same picture with a Wildebeest and a zebra in the background. I get as far as Identify - Finish and then when I hit Next Capture, nothing happens. I have tried logging out and back in, but I get the same picture and the same results every time. Also the first page is showing Season 1, Season 2 and Season 3 as virtually complete. Does that mean there are no more pictures? It was working fine last night.

Posted

• IsabellaD by IsabellaD

I have also deleted by cache completely.

Posted

• horkusone by horkusone

I am having the same problem. It just started tonight and I have cleared my cache as well. Running Firefox 17.0.1 and cannot figure it out.

Posted

• so666 by so666

Same for me. Everything was OK yesterday.
    Noticed that all 3 seasons are fully (on near fully) precessed - did we finish?

Posted

• Chimptastic by Chimptastic

Yeah same problem as the people above (using Chrome). I assume the problem is not ours but the website (or that it has finished which I hope not!).

Posted

• Harfango by Harfango

Hi !
    It worked yesterday... Not today, the tutorial image stays after login, and when refresh (or go to classifying through the discussion boards page), no image loads... Help ? πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• GeoffRoynon by GeoffRoynon

Just had this problem - using Safari 6.0.2
    Been working fine up until now.

Posted

• passiflora by passiflora

Is there any more information about the situation, as I have had this problem today!

Posted

• Chimptastic by Chimptastic

Seems to be working for me now!

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

We ran out of images. πŸ˜ƒ They're preparing season 4 images as fast as possible - apparently they should be ready within 24 hours - but in the meantime, they've re-issued some of the season 1-3 images to get more classifications on them (and, I suspect, to give us something to ward off the withdrawal pangs while we wait for season 4!). πŸ˜„

Posted

• analia by analia

The Finish botton still doesn't work, i am so sorry I can not participate to this project.
    I don't understand the reason why doesn't work....
    HELPPP!!! AND HAPPY GNU YEAR!!

Posted

• keel by keel

Seems to work fine with Apple Safari.

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

Just a thought about the Finish button not working - probably doesn't apply in all cases, but might explain some instances:

If you have a species currently displayed in the right hand section of the screen, the Finish button is greyed out, and won't work. You have to cancel the species display and return to the list of species in order for the Finish button to work.

Posted

• roggeveenb by roggeveenb

Don't know if you have checked to be sure the identify button has actually been clicked. I have noted a few times that for some reason I have missed a button without realizing it. Then I cannot move on to the next step.

Posted

• chaoticidealism by chaoticidealism

If it helps anybody, I tried going here on my school computers, which have Internet Explorer on them, and it wouldn't work--only when I downloaded and used Firefox did the problem resolve itself. I don't know why, but I guess the school computers may have out of date software and newly downloaded Firefox solve that problem. I dunno why you'd use IE anyway unless you had to, but there you go.

Posted

• Bron06 by Bron06

and it's still the same now it's 2014,so what's the go,they ask for help with this,and we can't help,i can't get past the first animal,would so love to do this,i have spent time there,and know most animals.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

http://daily.zooniverse.org/2014/08/02/saturday-status-snapshot-serengeti-season-7-finished/

And the text that goes with it :

I have some amazing and equally distressing news today. Season 7 of Snapshot Serengeti is done! In just under 4 months our brilliant volunteers have completely classified the thousands of images taken over a 7 month period in 2013. The data collected from these clicks will help researchers better understand the way of life in the Serengeti, from migration patterns to how large predators interact with each other and their prey. Thanks to everyone who took part in this season, and please don’t be too sad, Snapshot Serengeti will return with Season 8 in the near future. Watch this space

Hope this helps ! πŸ˜„

Posted

• Fire-River by Fire-River

I see all these comments were 4 years ago, but I'm having the same issue tonight. Finish doesn't work if I've identified an animal(s), but does if I click no animals present. Weird. Try again another day.

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to Fire-River's comment.

Yes, please try again.

Did you check, that after last identification 'Identify' was clicked before trying to finish.

In ID list no animal-identification can be left "open", because then it is not possible to finish.

i.e. Check also after last identification, that 'Identify' was clicked, then 'Finish'

If you don't want that identification (e.g. if just looked some animal's info) , click 'Cancel' , then 'Finish'

There can though be some technical problem in Classify-page, so please inform here if problem continues.
    We will then ask our support to fix that πŸ˜ƒ

Posted