Snapshot Serengeti Talk

interface suggestion

• ajg by ajg

I'm finding it cumbersome and too many clicks to Collect something. I've been opening a new window to get to my Profile w/ Recents and Favorites, and then Refresh. Then I can click and Collect. The Profile button on the bottom of the screen (menu) from the classification interface does NOT go to the same Profile at the top menu when you are in Discussion. Suggestion for combined menu bar of some sort or being able to Collect from the main classification page when you are right there on the image.

And a few times...enough to now be annoying...that ribbon-heart for Favorite can get in the way if the only blip of the animal you get is a mouth or leg or something just right on the side/upper corner of an image. 'Tis in the way 😃

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

After you click "finish" but before you click "next capture" you can click on "discuss" -- and from there you can collect that image.

Posted

• ajg by ajg

thanks --- found that late yesterday. It's not that obvious, but once you know...you know. 'Discuss' isn't the same as 'Collect' or 'Tag' so many may not see that feature.

Posted

• Wolbo by Wolbo

I agree that the 'collect' functionality is a bit hidden and the path to it is not really intuitive. There is room for improvement.

Posted

• streamford by streamford

Would it be possible to have an enlargement feature on the site : useful for certain pictures where crucial details might become visible ?

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

Unfortunately because of the volume of images and traffic we're working with, we can't offer a zoom feature on the interface.

Posted