Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Zoom

• samhe by samhe

We cannot sometimes see animals or markings that are further away, so we have to make complete guesses, based losely around the shape and colour, perhaps if we could zoom, or submit our classifications as just observations if we cannot actually get the right animal

Posted

• MagicPan by MagicPan

You can always zoom on your screen by holding ctrl and scrolling with you mouse.

Posted

• Elizabeth.Ann by Elizabeth.Ann moderator

You can also zoom by hitting ctrl and + at the same time. Also, just try your best on the identification. It is okay to narrow down your options and then guess which animal you think it is. We are pooling responses so if you are not correct 100% of the time someone else is looking at that image as well to identify.

Posted

• discofreaky by discofreaky

I just Ctrl + C (or right-click copy) on the image then Ctrl + V (paste) over my already zoomed in MS Paint. A built-in zoom on these images would be really great! Also I use Gimp for adjusting the photos (blur, enhance) some of those features might be nice on the website as well.

Posted

• discofreaky by discofreaky

I also found "white balance" to be helpful for night images.

Posted

• v3nom by v3nom

True, technical guys can work around these issues, like zoom and brightness/contrast balance. I use Gimp as well 😉

Posted