Snapshot Serengeti Talk

hashtags

• maxnorton by maxnorton

I can't click on the hashtags. They look like links but do nothing.

Is it because I'm on a Mac? I've tried Chrome, Firefox and of course Safari.

Posted

• maxnorton by maxnorton

...and a search function for the discussion boards would be nice.

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

Unfortunately at the moment the hashtags don't link anywhere. I saw in another thread somewhere that the software people are working to make them proper links to a list of images with that hashtag. I don't remember seeing any indication of when that might be, though.

Posted

• maxnorton by maxnorton

@dms246 thanks for the answer. I might have found that post if there was search function.

Musn't grumble too much though. Loving the project!

Posted

• ajg by ajg

Spread the word!

You can put together collections from hashtags! Called a 'tag group' which is like "searching for" hashtags

When you are looking at an image, after categorizing it...if you'd chosen to click Discuss to Collect it or Tag it, etc. On the right there is a "Create a tag group" button that lets you pull together all results from a hashtag or sets of hashtags.

It's not very obvious - I give credit to my knowledge of the feature from cseaton.

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

Yes, the development team is working on search capability and hash-tag clicking. I'll keep bugging them...

Posted

• catxx by catxx

Any luck with the hash tags yet?

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to catxx's comment.

Nearly there. We've been focussing on getting season 4 images in and debugging some other issues so this fell to the wayside for a while. Hopefully this week sometime.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted