Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Are we done ?

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

The three progress bars on the homepage are complete. Does this mean we are done ?
    No more images to classify ?

Posted

• Spaceman98 by Spaceman98

There was a mention of a fourth season http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/boards/BSG0000002/discussions/DSG00008zo, so no, we are not done, we just have to wait....

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

Oh good news ! 😃

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

Season 4 is coming soon. Meanwhile, we're adding some of the first seasons back in for more classifications. See here for more explanation: http://blog.snapshotserengeti.org/2012/12/17/three-million/

Posted

• alan1001 by alan1001

Wow - that was quick! How long had you expected it to take?

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

More along the lines of a couple months...definitely not 1 week!!

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

Heheh... you all underestimated the pulling power of hunting for beautiful and candid photographs of lions, cheetahs, elephants, etc, and beautiful african landscapes! 😄

Posted

• so666 by so666

Why you just don't let everyone classify every picture?
    Even if it has no scientific value - just for the fans. Makes a good PR with virtually no cost.

Posted

• kelsey.gower by kelsey.gower

Just saw the main page. Wow, we all broke a record classifying so many pictures so fast!

Posted

• whooshdemon by whooshdemon

I was just getting the hang of telling "moving" or "standing" from one shot. And recognise all the wildebeest bellies!

Posted

• tirralirra by tirralirra

Wildebeest bellies? You mean hartbeest!!

joke

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

I thought that the Zooniverse powers that be would not underestimate such things again because it seems as though all the Zooniverse projects go much faster or get much more assistance than they expect or plan for in the beginning.

Posted

• chipo by chipo

I\s there any idea how many of us are 'working"on this project?

Posted

• Joyhe by Joyhe

I keep getting the same pictures over and over! Really can't wait the next batch. When are they coming? Please tell me!

Posted

• Markus66 by Markus66

OK, I recon that we are done with this turn since the last pic are going in a loop! Eager for the season 4! I like to learn the names of the big four and all the others while 'idiing' the the macrofauna of Serengeti!

Posted

• katei by katei

Are we going to be notified when new season is ready to classify?

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

@katei - definitely, yes. Keep an eye on the announcements here, and on the Snapshot Serengeti blog. There are also links on the blog to follow the project on Twitter and Facebook.

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to ElisabethB's comment.

Pretty much yes. We're going to keep some of the images live for a few days as it improves the data quality see this post until we have season 4 ready (it's processing as we speak). Things are a little more difficult because of the holidays.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• BetelgeuSeginus by BetelgeuSeginus

quick!

Posted

• BBCoaster by BBCoaster

Keeping us informed would be nice! I have been doing this for 5 hours a day from the very start, I dont wish for anything in return as I am doing it for the animals first scientists etc second, but being kept up to date should be a given.
    Have a good midwinter. BBC

Posted