Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Getting duplicates

• dcardani by dcardani

I notice that I'm getting some duplicates today. I had one with 4 female eland (elands?), and another with 5 or so guinea fowl, and about 5 minutes later got both of them again. I didn't even quit my browser or anything. Is that expected?

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

We should only receive each image once, but there seems to be a bug that causes images sometimes to be served up to the same person more than once. If you can identify specific image IDs that you receive more than once, it would be helpful if you would post the details in the Season 4 thread so that the Zooniverse guys can investigate.

http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/boards/BSG0000009/discussions/DSG00009y5

One way to tell if you've actually seen an image before, or if it's just a very similar image taken a couple of minutes later, is to save it to a temporary collection, then go to the Profile link at the bottom of the page on the classification screen, and look through your recent classifications. When you find the previous occurrence of the image, check to see if it's in that collection - if it is, it's the same image, served up twice; if it isn't already in that collection, that would indicate that they are simply two very similar looking images.

Posted

• dcardani by dcardani

OK, thanks. I'll try to do that from now on. I had it happen again this morning.

Posted