Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Identifying more than one species in a scene?

• stevewz by stevewz

Wondering if identifying more than one species in a scene is possible. I see that I can pick a different animal after my first pick but since there's no tally, I'm not sure if both picks are being recorded.

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

Yes you can identify more than one species, you can classify as many species as you see in the photo capture
    Once you have clicked identify, you then pick the next, it should be recorded on the left top of the picture.
    Lets say your pictures show 1 giraffe feeding in the background, a group of Impala moving middle field, as to which you classify first is your choice, you decide to go with the impala first and count 5 Impala moving, once having clicked impala, 5 an moving and identify, you should see: 5 impala (x). on the top left of the photo, then when you add in the giraffe, that should go underneath the 5 Impala (x), if you suddenly realise actually 5 Impala is really 6 and want to change it, if you look beside the 5 Impala, you will see an (x), clicking the x will remove 5 Impala from the list on the photo, then you can just reclassify the Impala as having 6 and once clicked identify, it will appear now under the 1 giraffe (x). then if your happy click finish as you would with a single species classification. but your tally will be shown on the left hand top side of the photo.
    Hope this helps

Posted

• stevewz by stevewz

Somehow I didn't see the tally in the upper right corner - duh. Thank you - very easy.

Posted

• majortim by majortim

So can also classify like: one Zebra moving and one Zebra eating when there are two Zebras doing different activities on one picture?

Posted

• sisige by sisige

I believe you would mark it as 2 zebras, and then select all of the activities that apply, so both moving and eating/standing, all under a single classification.

Posted