Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Problems with time stamps and image sequences

• areinders by areinders moderator

As has been pointed out earlier, in Season 7 the feature that allowed us to find the previous and next image in a sequence by changing the last number/letter of the image name is not working anymore. Now I just noticed another issue, where the time stamp visible under the image seems to be completely incorrect. If you look at these images: ASG00168is, ASG00168it and ASG00168iv, you would probably agree that they are part of a sequence, especially ASG00168is and ASG00168it seem to be showing essentially the same view of a Thomson's gazelle. However, the time stamps say that ASG00168is was taken August 21st 2013, 2:31:03 am, ASG00168it was taken August 25th 2013, 10:05:56 pm and ASG00168iv was taken August 24th 2013, 4:07:09 am. Now, it is possible that this is just a coincidence, some critters are surprisingly consistent in their habits (I'm looking at you, hartebeest!) but I thought I'd mention it here in case someone else notices the same issues.

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

Hmm. Interesting. I'll look up those images as soon as I have a spare moment. My guess is that they are actually taken on different days. (We worked hard to make sure the timestamps were right this time!) But I'll double check.

Posted

• areinders by areinders moderator

Great, I am hoping it's just a weird coincidence but those two images are so similar...

Posted