Snapshot Serengeti Talk

How to Zoom in on image to help identifying, for those that are new here or don't know.

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

Have you ever found yourself wishing you could zoom in on an image to help id an animal in a night image, partly hidden animal, far away or just a small creature, well you can, here is how to:

on PC: hold the ctrl key and press the + key repeated until either have got as big as need or your've reached full zoom (return to orginal size just press the Ctrl and - key same number of times).

on smart phones/touch screens: usually the pushing 2 fingers apart on image, zooms in....

Ipad: I found this website, some time ago, if anyone has problems getting the zoom function to work, http://chris.pirillo.com/unlock-the-ipad-zoom-feature/

Other people may have other ways, different hardwear with different ways to zoom then those above, please post here if you know of other ways. Thanks.

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

On Mac you use Command and + key to zoom in, Command and - key to zoom out again.

Posted

• equinox999 by equinox999

On the PC, if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, you hold down CTRL and then you can zoom in and out with the wheel. It doesn't need to be an image, you can try it now and see it zooms this whole page.

Posted

• leece by leece

Wow, thank you, that really helps! Worth pinning! Control + Works on Firefox under Ubuntu.

Posted

• 141Dial34 by 141Dial34 in response to equinox999's comment.

Wow you have saved me changing the font so it's legible in my everyday computer work! TY TY

Posted

• aislynn1 by aislynn1

I have the problem that I can sometimes see the animals but they are too far away to identify. How do I do this? There is no button to choose for that. The only options are fire/no animals.

Posted

• leinbacker by leinbacker in response to AowlanCrystal's comment.

to return to the original 100% view, you can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl and zero. [Ctrl+0]

Posted

• Flyrite by Flyrite in response to equinox999's comment.

Thanks equinox for the info I really need to zoom in sometimes, I would have added 999 at the end of your name but I was afraid that I would have called out the police, fire or the paramedics!

Posted

• inaspin by inaspin

Wow, thanks for this post. Best thing I've learned all year! Pity I didn't see it earlier.

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to inaspin's comment.

Great! Yes, there is lots of useful and interesting information to read on dicussion boards, from all seasons of Snapshot Serengeti 😃

Posted