Snapshot Serengeti Talk

classification chart error

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

In the examples for wildebeest pics there is an error. Where it says often confused with, cattle is a choice. The problem being the picture is of a baboon! The same error under the buffalo picture. The cattle links to the baboon. In the dikdik the Steenbok pic links to that of an aardwolf and the duiker links to a hare. In the duiker the steenbok sample has the link to aardwolf. I would imagine that the same link problems would be present in examples for steenboks.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

... Oh, well that's all bizarre. The only one that I'm not sure of is the duiker being a hare... that might actually be a small duiker.

But the others are definitely a bug, and I will put that through to get fixed right away. Thank you!!

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

DMZ, has this been fixed at Zooniverse? It's working fine for me. Want to make sure it's not a difference of browsers or something else odd...

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Multiple people here at Zooniverse can replicate this bug on multiple browsers.

We should be able to take a look at it tomorrow!

Posted

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

Actually I believe the animal linked to the duiker was the forward version of the aardvark. I was working on a small tablet and there was some grass over its nose rather hiding it, so I mistook the aardvark for a hare. (I'm a bit out of practice!) It is still linked incorrectly for me. I am using chrome.

Posted

• leece by leece

I thought it looked aardvarky too.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Is this still happening to anyone? I can no longer replicate it. Zooniverse people are seeing this as fixed.

How about if you clear your cache/cookies?

Posted

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday in response to DZM's comment.

I can no longer replicate this on either my laptop or my small tablet, a Kindle fire. The extra window opening every time I come over here to discussion continues. Unless I remember to go back and close them if I happen to visit discussion frequently, I have a slew of opened windows! Certainly, I have no need for them all. Actually, on the little tablet, it maxes out at a certain number and I have to go back and close them to continue working. 😦 Thanks for your time in reading this.

Posted