Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Where are the warthogs going?

• jbedient by jbedient

Every warthog I see is moving out at a pretty good clip - going SOMEWHERE. The other animals I see standing, eating, a few resting, sometimes moving.... but every time I see a warthog, he's on the go.

Posted

• LoraO by LoraO moderator

A warthog convention? A warthog weight loss program?

It's unclear why these guys might always be on the go. However, if I were a warthog, I would be pretty nervous about how juicy I looked to the large carnivorous predators I knew were skillfully waiting for an unsuspecting warthog to decide for a moment to be stationary in the open.

Posted

• ajg by ajg

Funny you say that b/c I've seen more warthogs eating and standing and a handful of images where they are laying in the shade.

Posted

• tirralirra by tirralirra

I visited Serengeti in October and all the warthogs I saw were trotting along. Same for most of the warthogs I've seen on SnapshotSerengeti. So it seems very typical. I don't know where they're going, but I love their perky trotting action.

Posted

• jbedient by jbedient

OK, I got the exception to my rule today, a warthog happily rooting about in the grass. And, not in the same picture, my first serval. Cool!

Posted

• Mistshadow by Mistshadow

I have another (cute) exception. Okay so they're walking a little bit, but mostly investigating the camera.

ASG0005fxg

Posted

• jbedient by jbedient

Nice!

Posted

• biminibob by biminibob

Usually trotting along with their tails up - lovely!

Posted