Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Seems like it might be the moment before the attack.

• DJ_59 by DJ_59

There are at least two sets of eyes out there in the darkness. If you blow the image up and use brightness/contrast to tweak it you see what seems to be spotted faces around the glowing eyes. There's also definitely tension in the wildebeests. Is this attack about to happen?

http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/subjects/ASG0004jpz

Posted

• Dov by Dov

i agree... you can tell the wildebeests are all looking in the same direction. awesome.

Posted

• schaep by schaep

the wildebeest are at 20th of march 12 nights after the lion attack at 8th of march.

Posted

• LoraO by LoraO moderator

While these pictures are not in succession, the wildebeest do seem to be weary. I don't blame them! Nice observations, everyone!

Posted

• SimonV2 by SimonV2

there are 2 bright spots, but those arent spotted faces, those are checkered artifacts that happen around all bright spots in black backgrounds in these images frequently. That doesnt mean they arent something looking back, but dont use the checkered pattern as an identifier. I personally dont think they are things looking back simply because there would be only 1 eye for each animal which means they probably arent looking at the wildebeests.

Posted

• SimonV2 by SimonV2

for example, check out the checkers on these zebra eyes, especially the 4th from the left bright spot.

checkered spots

Posted