Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Cheetah Kill

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

Haven't seen many of these. Image ASG0006nf5

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

Still trying to figure how to insert image!

Posted

• tirralirra by tirralirra

Wonderful image... thanks for sharing here.

Posted

• tirralirra by tirralirra

Let me know when you figure it, cos I haven't worked it out yet. I did discover the 'show preview' button that allowed me to see what my attempts would look like before I hit 'submit'.

A benefit of putting the link is that others (me!) can add it to a collection and have a chance of finding it again. I don't think you can do that when the image is displayed in the post.

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

I think the only way to show an image in a reply here is to copy the image, save it as a JPG on your PC, then upload it to somewhere on the web (eg Photobucket or similar), then point to the URL of the image using the "insert image" tool here. That way, the image will show up in the reply. Then, in addition, just type the image ID (e.g. ASG0006nf5), and the forum software will convert that into a link to the image here in Snapshot Serengeti, so that others can view it directly and add it their collection or whatever.

I have my own web space, so took a copy of the photo you linked to, there, David, saved it as a JPG, and uploaded it to my web space. Now, if I use the "insert image" tool here, I just enter the URL of the image, and...

Cheetah with kill

... hey presto, the image appears here. 😃 I'd just type the Snapshot Serengeti image ID here, so there's also a link to the original for those who want to access it.

ASG0006nf5

Heh... it's taken me a while to work all that out. 😄

Posted

Oh - and the "associated text" that the "insert image" tool prompts you to add is intended to be text that describes the image, which will only be shown if the image can't be shown for any reason, or which will be read out if you're using screen reader software to read out the content of web pages. For the image above, I just entered "Cheetah with kill".

Posted

• Ettina by Ettina

From the image page, you can choose to start a chat discussion. If you do that, the image will be beside your text.

Posted

• maxnorton by maxnorton

@dms246

There is no need to take a copy of the image and re-host it.

I have made a post on how to add the pictures into posts here: http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/boards/BSG0000002/discussions/DSG00009v8

Posted

@maxnorton

Yes, I just saw your post - thank you! 😃 A lot of people have been struggling with how to either show or link to images in replies - would be good if one of the Admin people would move your post to the FAQ section, and pin it so it's always there at the start of the board.

Posted