Snapshot Serengeti Talk

What is this Animal?

• Envirogirl667 by Envirogirl667

ASG000njam

Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you knew what this animal was. If you can't see, the 2 circular lights on the right side are the eyes. Thanks, and please message me or posta message.

Posted

• areinders by areinders moderator

There is another set of eyes on the left. Could be wildebeest for example. I don't think it is possible to say for sure since no further detail is visible. You can exclude some possibilities based on size, i.e. not a giraffe or a hare...

Posted

• wildebeesty by wildebeesty

probably buffalo, see ASG000jan it was captured two minutes later

Posted

I didn't see the other pair of eyes. How do you view the time they are taken?

Posted

• areinders by areinders moderator

When you are classifying you can check time and location of the image by clicking on the little symbol to the right to the three (or one) dots that signify the images in a series. It will bring up a map and also indicate date and time. I don't think the times are always accurate in absolute terms, though. I've seen a time stamp that indicates it is in the middle of the day when it is night in the picture. But the times are accurate in relation to each other. So if you look at another image from the same camera you can tell how much time passed between them. To find out how to look at other images from the same camera check out this thread: http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/boards/BSG0000006/discussions/DSG0000dxk
    When you are in discussion mode the time of the image is shown in the blue box where you can add your comment.

Posted

Oh ok thanks areinders.

Posted