Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Backup or Fix button would be good

• rossgk by rossgk

Occasionally one makes a mistake. E.g. you classify something, then realize you see something else as well. But there seems to be no back-up button after classifying. That would be a good improvement.

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

Don't worry about making mistakes. All the images are shown to multiple people, so an occasional mistake won't matter.

Posted

• hdevos by hdevos

I agree that a backup button would be helpful. I spent several minutes trying to ID a large antelope standing in the shade, finally narrowed it down to an eland, tapped my iPad screen twice to zoom down again but hit the tutorial button by mistake. No way to get back to the eland image and put in my classification. Very irritating. I know that, for the purpose of IDing the images for the study, it doesn't matter, as I'm sure enough other people will correctly ID it, but from the point of view of we volunteers, it is frustrating to not be able to get back to an image and ID it correctly.

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

I guess one problem with that is that it would allow the possibility of shoving in a temporary identification, going off and discussing the image on the discussion boards here, then going back and amending the identification on the basis of that discussion. In other threads here, and in the blog post explaining why we don't have an "I don't know" button, the scientists said their data analysis methods are based on each identification being from a different person, and if we got to discuss an image with others before entering (or correcting) an identification, that clarity of data would become blurred.

Posted