Snapshot Serengeti Talk

What is this?

• SimonV2 by SimonV2

I'm afraid to ask.

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

This is tough -- looks like some sort of elle/rhino/buffalo underbelly...

Posted

• Embyrr922 by Embyrr922

Just judging by the width of the legs, I'd guess buffalo. But are we looking at, um, reproductive... organs?

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

The sparseness of hair, and shape of the legs, makes me think warthog. And I rather suspect that the "sea urchin" bit is, ummm, warthog penis. Kinda scary. I even googled it to try and check, but the web seems to be remarkably lacking in images of warthog penises...

Posted

• Janet_Jaguar by Janet_Jaguar

I'm sort of assuming the sea urchin is of the male persuasion. (Trouble saying this in a family-friendly-public-board manner. ;D ) But who it is attached to requires a biologist with knowledge of various private parts. Can't find that kind of info easily by googling.

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

Heheh! Yeah, so I discovered. And I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff using google! 😄

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

There's a lot of vegetation in the way which makes it hard to understand what is there. I'd say the animal's head is R of camera and we are looking back along its side to hind leg. Our gaze passes from R to L first over a bristly penis tassel beneath a big belly, and then a big dangling scrotum, and then a stout but not massive hind leg. Only possible candidate is a bull buffalo.

Posted

• ajg by ajg

"bristly penis tassel"

right.

Posted