Snapshot Serengeti Talk

LOST! a picture of a vulture

• Kerima_Hill by Kerima_Hill

I had a perfect pic a of baldheaded vulture/eagle. Terrific. Tried to go on discuss before I classified ( as no section , beside boring 'other' -the pic then disappeared! I wanted to collect,share,pin it.
    a) if you have it - please share with me
    b) can anyone identify it?
    c) what happened & how can I avoid losing such a great pic?
    Many thanks K

Posted

• Zanna640 by Zanna640

What a bummer! The same thing happened to me with a great, male lion picture, so I know how you feel. They really should fix it so people can get back to the "previous" image!

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

If you have clicked off the image before classifying, you'll unfortunately lose the image, it won't be saved in your recently classified part of your profile either.
    However: For Kerima I have a hash tag collection of Vultures at CSGL00001q, it might be amoung them. I've others that haven't the hashtag but are in my birds collection CSGS0000rq but with over 1000 photos might take you a while to search, try from the higher numbers first, if you have time and want to search for it.
    For Zanna I have a collection of cats CSGS0000i2 but again its almost 3000 photos. If you have the time and want to search to see if I have it, try from the higher page numbers and work backwards if its in the last few seasons I do try to collect as many cat photos as possible.

To access my collections another way click on my name and scroll down to the collections section, you might have to scroll to the bottom of the list and click the 'load more' option.

Posted

• sisige by sisige

Here's my tip for avoiding having that happen again. I usually keep a second tab open on talk.snapshotserengeti.org, so that I can look at recent comments/posts, or search for certain tags that might help with an ID. That way, you don't have to leave the Classify page in order to access the talk site.

Also, keep an eye on the recent object comments whenever you log on. Someone else might come across it and comment on it, and you could see it surface there.

Posted