Snapshot Serengeti Talk

"done classifying"?

• wildebeesty by wildebeesty

I got an image saying that we had classified all the data, but I went to the discussion page and then back to the classifying page and I was able to keep on classifying. Why ?

Posted

• jil by jil

I got the image too, classified it as 'nothing here' and was able to carry on OK. ???

Posted

• sisige by sisige

I've started getting the image now, too. At first, I classified what I saw, clicked next, and got another capture. Then a few images later it came up again. And now, it seems to be all I'm getting. Based on the progress meters on the home page, there should still be about 150K images left to classify, and I know I haven't done enough classifications to have seen all of those!

Update: I closed out and reopened my browser, and though the first image it gave me was the "done classifying" one, the subsequent ones have been regular images.

Update #2: It has happened again that I'm stuck getting the "done classifying" image over and over again. Hopefully closing the browser will clear it again. Even before I got stuck with it, it would come up every time I went back to classifying from a talk page.

Posted

• areinders by areinders moderator

This happened a couple of months ago as well and at that point it was due to the way images were uploaded in batches. If it keeps happening please post again. I have added a subject line to this thread ("done classifying"?) because there was none.

Posted

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

I got it numerous times Sunday evening. I left site and came back. I could classify about 25pics and it would come up again.

Posted

• sisige by sisige

Just did 95 classifications and the "done classifying" message didn't come up once! Woohoo! Yesterday it would come back every 10 or 15 images; I'd click nothing here/finish/next capture, and I'd have to repeat that a couple times before I got a real picture. So, it looks like it might be working for me again. I hope it stays that way! 😃

Posted

• wildebeesty by wildebeesty

I have classified about a 100 photos today and the "done classifying" hasn't turned up any more 😃

Posted