Snapshot Serengeti Talk

2 animals, No identifacation

• brightyme0718 by brightyme0718

There are 2 animals 1 orange tan one and one under the tree branch moving. I cant identify eiter of them.

Posted

• sisige by sisige

The deer-like, orange-tan animal is a dik dik. They are small antelopes, with a brownish body with greyish areas on the haunches, visible here. As for the other animal, that's a tough one for me. I'd guess a vervet monkey off-hand, because it seems to be moving in the tree/on the branch, rather than under it, and there's a long curve that shows up that could be a tail. Also, I've seen vervet monkeys in this spot before. I could be wrong on that one, though.

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

Interestingly, the next sequence - half a minute later - has a young warthog in foreground, as if coming out from the bushes. But I can't convince myself yet that Mystery Animal 2 is a warthog...can you?

Posted

• sisige by sisige

Actually, I can see that now. Facing towards the camera, head is down in 1 and lifted slightly in 2 and 3; curve along left side is the side of the body. The plants get in the way, but I think the odd shapes of shadow and light are what we can see of the ears and facial features. Guess I should have remembered to check the surrounding shots!

Posted