Snapshot Serengeti Talk

How to tag?

• Dlbrand by Dlbrand

There are some animals (maybe zebras) in the back on the right but it is hard to tell what they are. How should that be tagged?

Posted

• dodone by dodone

Animals in the far distance, or just in the edge of a shot are challenges. You know it's an animal, but don't want to get the identity wrong. Perhaps, after the 'identify' icon there could be a 'How sure?' icon scaled down from 'absolutely sure' to 'I just can't tell'.
    Mind you, a good part of the site's attraction is interpreting the more difficult images.

Posted

• cometsky by cometsky

I had one where a probable Wildebeest was right up to the camera and the lens overcompensated for the dark and opened up the exposure so much that it looked like the sun, except for the sharp distinct edges of legs on the left ! I just started so I don't know if it is common.

Posted

• tillydad by tillydad moderator

Welcome to the site and I hope that you are enjoying it .
    Always make your best guess about an ID . Several people classify each image until a consensus is reached . See http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/?_ga=1.123863951.460916876.1455121626#/boards/BSG0000009/discussions/DSG000127t for further details . 😃

Posted