Snapshot Serengeti Talk

distributing photos

• Daphne by Daphne

As far as I understand this legal code : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/deed.en_US
    I may post photos from SnapshotSerengeti in an other forum if I "attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor"..

But HOW do I have to attribute the photos?

(I like project so much, I'd love to show it to more people!)

Posted

• ahjorth by ahjorth

Anything that will identify the site/author that the work is taken from. If it's on facebook f.example, add "Photo by Snapshotserengeti.org". I can't find anywhere where Snapshotserengeti have specified instructions on how they want to be attributed, so a link to this site should do. However, be reminded that you cannot use this for commercial purposes. This includes any site/blog that earns money from ad-revenue etc. Facebook is fine. Your personal blog that you don't personally profit from is also fine.

For a blog post, add "Photo: Snapshotserengeti.org" underneath the picture, or at the bottom of the blog post if it's a series. Important thing is that the viewer of the photos should be able to source the work(s) easily on the same page they are displayed.

For facebook, you'll need to add "Photo: Snapshotserengeti.org" as the image description for every image you share.

Sharing directly from the classify page to facebook requires no further attribution from you as the link already contains the necessary information.

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

Please ascribe credit for the photos you're sharing to "SnapshotSerengeti.org". You should also mention the Creative Commons license, so that the people you share with know how they can share it, too. On this blog, you can see how to do it: http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/culturing-science/2012/12/12/zooniverse-serengeti/

Posted

• Daphne by Daphne

Thanks a lot!

Posted

• rusalka by rusalka

Any way to go back and make a favorite after you have "finished". When I hit recent doesn't seem to have the capability.

Posted