Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Birds

• Tony_Jones by Tony_Jones

Why is there no selection available for vultures or a small bird category?

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

Please use "Bird (other)" for any bird you see that isn't listed. If you know what the bird is, you can also hashtag it on Talk by putting, for example, #vulture in the comments.

Posted

• Tony_Jones by Tony_Jones

How do I link the picture to my comments on a particular picture? Can you guide me through the process please. Thanks

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

Not sure exactly what it is you want to do, here, Tony.

If you want to create a new thread in one of the "Objects" boards about a particular picture, then click "Discuss" after classifying it, or select it from one of your collections if you previously saved it. Then click on the appropriate "Create a new post" button on the right of the screen, depending on which "Objects" board you want to start the new discussion in. Type in your post, then click on "Submit". A new thread in that "Objects" board will be created, with the image shown on the left of your comment.

If you want to post a thread about the image in one of the other boards, or comment on it in a reply in an existing thread, in such a way that there's a link to the image that others can follow, and so that the thread shows up on the image's own page, simply include the image ID in your post (the one that is shown above the image when you're viewing it) - the board software will convert that into a link to the image, and that will create a link back to that thread on the image's own page.

If you want to create a thread about the image in one of the other boards, or comment on it in a reply to an existing thread, and you want to include the image in your post, follow the instructions given in the thread "How to display images full size in discussion posts":

http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/boards/BSG0000002/discussions/DSG00009v8

If I've misunderstood what you were asking about, please just say, and perhaps clarify what it is you want to do. 😃

Posted