Snapshot Serengeti Talk

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

Neither urgent nor important, but... how do I get my avatar on these talk boards to show the avatar I've set up in my Zooniverse profile? I changed it some time yesterday, but it's still not showing up here, and I just wondered if I was missing something?

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

I had the same problem back at the beginning of December and mentioned it to the Z-team. I had thought they had fixed the issue. I'll let them know.

Posted

Thank you. Could just be I have to be patient and wait a day or two, but I wouldn't have thought it should take more than a couple of hours to find its way across from the Zooniverse profile. Hopefully it'll be there when I get back after Christmas. 😃

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

The developers said they found a bug that probably explains this and have it on their list to fix. So hopefully that will happen by the end of the week, but I imagine many of them are taking some vacation time this week...

Posted

OK thanks kosmala. With a bit of luck, it might be fixed by the New Year. Will keep my fingers crossed! 😃

Posted

• arfon by arfon

If you try updating your profile image again on Zooniverse Home you should find it updates properly now.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

It worked! Thank you. 😃

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to dms246's comment.

Excellent!

Posted

• chipo by chipo

I made one yesterday and updated a few times but it doesn;t seem to work. Should I log out at Zooniverse first?

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator in response to chipo's comment.

Hmmm... this is just a suggestion, chipo - try logging out completely on both Zooniverse and Snapshot Serengeti, and then log in again, and see if that does it. If it doesn't, let us know and I'll ask @kosmala to have a word with the Zooniverse guys again about this.

Posted

• chipo by chipo

I went and did just that and logged in again, but no, sorry no avatar.

Posted

Yeah, so I see. I'll flag this up with @kosmala so she can ask the Zooniverse admins to look at this again. I wonder why it keeps stopping working...? Oh well, hopefully they can get it sorted again.

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to chipo's comment.

Hi Chipo

Did it show the correct avatar on Zooniverse Home when you uploaded the new image?

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted