Snapshot Serengeti Talk

sequels listed as acqooxrt etc

• gwennie71 by gwennie71

when someone says to check out a picture using a reference such as aqcooxtr (just made up) or to check out the next 6 sequences where does one locate them?

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

Do you mean when someone says have a look at---for example ASG000og8b ? . Simply click onto the reference link, highlighted in blue, to goto the picture someone is suggesting, try it, the link I have suggested is of an Impala, pulling a funny face.

Then to view the next in the sequence, click onto the full address in the address box of your browser for example: http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/subjects/ASG000og8b first it will highlight it all, then you can either using the arrow keys, click the right pointing arrow or click your mouse pointer at the end of the full address, so basically you have the curser flashing at the end of the address, press the delete previous to remove the last letter/number and replace it with the next number or letter along for example ASG000og8c. this works in Season5, previous seasons the sequence wasn't in date order.
    You can't however check out the next or previous in the sequence, while you are actually classifying a picture.
    If you like the picture, you can collect it to your own collection, by clicking collect.

hope this helps

Posted

• sisige by sisige

There are times I really wish we could check out the next few pictures in the series while we are classifying. Most of the images I've had trouble classifying (e.g. showing just a fuzzy ear in the corner) can be identified using a picture from a few minutes on either side when the critter moves in front of the camera more.

Just my two-cents-worth as a newbie. 😃

Posted

• gwennie71 by gwennie71

thank you Crystal

Posted