Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Is this returning at all?

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

Just like the title say's " Is this returning at all"?
    When I got bored of hunting Asteroids I came here to name animals.........NOW....I just get bored = (

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

I know, me too. The scientists claim they will post something before year's end, so check in from time to time. Meanwhile, keep finding those asteroids, especially any aimed at us 😃

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yep, I've spoken with the scientists very recently and they are indeed gearing up to release news objects/photos soon!

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

We are so close to being ready to launch season 8!! I promise!!!

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

Thanks for the info =D

Posted

• sisige by sisige

In the meantime, check out PenguinWatch for a similar project counting animals. I've been having fun with it during the downtime, and you get to see penguin chicks. 😃

S.

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

Still watching ;P

(I can not do PenguinWatch ,something to do with my browser, was a tester for that , would loved to have done it.......Oh well...SIGH!!!)

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

What browser? Have you tried downloading a different browser? Chrome, Firefox... ?

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

I use I.E.....Anyway , just saw this in another post "PS. we just uploaded the Season 8 images onto our supercomputer. Pre-processing to begin after Thanksgiving"

Does Pre-processing mean we see them or just you scientists getting all the fun =P

P.S. since I'm in U.K. and don't celebrate Thanksgiving, how about letting me at it early lol =D

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I assume that pre-processing means that they're preparing the images to be released, so no fun for us yet.

But if you need a project, Cap'n, we could sure use you over at the brand new Higgs Hunters! 😃

Also, you should try downloading Chrome or Firefox and see if either of them work better for Penguin Watch!

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

http://www.google.com/chrome/

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

Eager Beaver still waiting =)

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Any luck trying one of those other browsers for one of the other projects, Captain? 😃

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

I'm Asteroid Hunting as well as Higgs Hunting, I can't do it all for you =P

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey, those will work! Those are awesome projects, too! And a nice variety! 😃

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

It's a herd of Wildebeests being chased by me holding a pen and paper..............

Snuffle....umph...YAWN.........."OH!.....just another one of those Serengeti dreams."

=D

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

Just peeping in. : P

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

(o) (o)......................(Just looking)

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Me too! 😃

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

Looks like my Hard disk drive is dying on this thing , so in case I can't get back on for awhile just want to say..............

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!

p.s. if worse come to worse...save some pictures for me please =D

Posted

• aliburchard by aliburchard scientist, translator

Thanks Cpt Pete! And glad you're enjoying some of the other projects while we try to get Season 8 up and running. Everything always takes so much longer than we think it will...

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Sorry about your hard drive, Cap'n! Hope to have you back with us soon.

Thanks so much for the update, @aliburchard !

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

It's time for me to give an update........
    Using a laptop now
    Another year has passed
    A few more grey hairs have appeared
    I figured out that there is NO paradox if you go back in time and kill your own grandfather
    The Big Bang never happened
    And I know life exists out there , stuck in their "Solar system " just as we are stuck in ours.

But apart from that , it's a good start to 2015 lol

If you had to pick a month that Serengeti MAY be ready , what would it be?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I've checked with the science team again. No specific timeline estimation, but they have all of the metadata extracted and just need to do sanity checks and data ingestion.

If you're feeling really, really animal-deprived, might I suggest Chicago Wildlife Watch? 😃

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

"Sanity checks" I suppose we don't want any insane pictures getting loose on the web lol
    but then you got too ingest the data , may I suggest a good wine to go with it =P
    Thanks for suggestion , I tried that before but had no idea what most was, I think only one's I got right was Squirrels =D
    and I get the hint 😉,so i'll stop hassleing the science bods and i'll return in FEB if it's not running.

See you soon =D

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Well, there are a LOT of squirrels in Chicago... ! 😃

Posted