Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Zebra at night

• abigail50 by abigail50

Just my second day doing this so am learning with each capture. What is the recommendation for a night capture where you see the zebra's rump as far as activity? From one picture without seeing the head it is not possible to deduce what the critter is doing. It could be standing or grazing or moving. Suggestions? Thanks.

Posted

• tillydad by tillydad moderator

Take a guess, no "wrong" answer, as image checked by lots of different people to reach a consensus ( or not ! ).

Posted

• abigail50 by abigail50

Okay, thanks. I wonder though, why the night captures are only one image? Why not a sequence as with the day?

Posted

• dolphinate by dolphinate

http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/boards/BSG0000007/discussions/DSG0000val

"The recovery time of the flash may be too slow for a series of 3 to be practical. Also, the first flash might well scare away the animal, so subsequent photos would be blank".

Posted

• abigail50 by abigail50

I see...well, that certainly makes a lot of sense. Thank you! Just wondering now. If the animals are scared off by this sudden bright light, over time do they learn to avoid this area?

Posted

• stonepenny by stonepenny

no, they keep coming back. (answer from WildCam Gorongosa)

Posted