Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Leopard

• rlb66 by rlb66

Finally

Posted

• computerji by computerji

Is that the tail on the left? Marking the camera perhaps?

Posted

• wilderzone by wilderzone moderator

Gorgeous cat!

Posted

• ajg by ajg

I barely saw any leopards in S1/2/3 --- so nice a few photos have been posted in Discussion. Thanks!

Posted

• Veegee by Veegee

yes, I believe he is marking the area, I found in the first 3 seasons a perfect photo of a cheetah spraying the camera, up close and personal lol I think I have only seen 1 maybe 2 leopards this entire time.

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

Leopards have a beautiful marked pelt, sadly why it gets killed, some sad people still seem to like to have real, rather than fake versions, when will those few people learn, if they didn't keep buying these things, the poachers would in the end give up, cause no demand, no money. I hate to hear about those major sick so and sos (i'm being rather polite here) that pay huge sums of money to other sick people to shoot animals, that have been raised in cages and then are set free, only to be blasted out of exhistance a few seconds later, they seriously need dealing with too.

I came up with a thought the other day to maybe help stop the herdsmen killing the big cats for example, by coating the rumps and necks/throats at least of their cattle/goats with some really foul tasting but harmless substance and if those that were hand rearing cubs, cause the mothers have been killed, use a foul tasting substance on some goats/cattle, or use a substance that made them feel unwell, but nothing serious of course, just enough to make them more likely avoid the herdsmans goats/cattle when they are released, as they have been conditioned into disliking the flesh of goats/cattle. Just a thought......

Posted