Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Date

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

Why does this image from show up in with these from 2012-13? I have seen this before.

Posted

• areinders by areinders moderator

Weird - no idea! I noticed yesterday that someone was commenting on an old image where the last comment was from 7 months earlier or so. I just thought that maybe they had been looking at people's collections and found it. But you just saw that one during classifying, so that is odd.

Posted

Actually I have had several come up with the 09 date. That is that I've noticed. I don't look at the date for every image. I wonder if it could be possible for a camera to have the wrong setting on it?

Posted

The other I put up the same day with just the regular photos, you know 4 in a row. ASG000u02q 1/22/09 This one is ASG000ty8y 1/02/09
    The view looks the same which was making me think same camera. But I don't know how to find if date was set wrong without finding the photo at the beginning dating it, wow but who know how many time I would have to hand change the digits to even have a chance of finding! Very time and labor intensive and probably not at all meaningful!

Posted

• sisige by sisige

For what it's worth, this seems to be the transition from the previous series to the 2009 series:

ASG000tx7x -- September 22nd 2012, 12:21:16 pm;
    ASG000tx7y -- January 1st 2009, 6:06:55 am;
    ASG000tx7z -- January 1st 2009, 6:06:55 am;
    ASG000tx80 -- January 1st 2009, 6:06:55 am;
    ASG000tx81 -- January 1st 2009, 6:11:15 am

Unfortunately, the first shots are blurry extreme close-ups, and there is no date capture at the beginning. It looks like there are a number of issues with this series. The pictures I checked from ASG000tx81 to ASG000ty8y (1 out of every 36 for the most part) were all empty grass, and covered just two days, January 1-2, 2009. It looks like the three frames of each capture might have been split up into separate captures (see the 6:06:55 picture set above, or ASG000ty8x, ASG000ty8y, ASG000ty8z), giving you three times as many 'captures' to look through. I wonder what was triggering the camera that frequently, too.

Posted

Thanks for your input in this. It sure seems to be a lot of photos with nothing but landscape in them. Then in that last set you mentioned, it was daylight and it seems that should have triggered 3 photos for each instead of dividing it out as it did. I wonder if it is just some sort of camera malfunction we have discovered. There just doesn't seem to be another answer for sooooo many photos with only landscape.

Posted

• sisige by sisige

Just noticed I just got another capture from 2009 to classify so I figured I'd add it to the discussion: ASG000u0wg

Posted