Snapshot Serengeti Talk

I think its this is gone?

• k8mielke by k8mielke

Why doesn't it allow you to click "I think its this" to an "often confused with" animal anymore? I have to close the menu and reopen.

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to k8mielke's comment.

Hi k8mielke,

We dont' have 'I think its this' button in this program. Please check through the tutorial again to see how this works.
    'often confused with' button seems to work fine. 😃

Posted

• BHamer by BHamer

There IS an "I think it's this" button at Wildcam Gorongosa and (I think) Camera CATalog. Probably others, too, since a lot of Zooniverse projects use some of the same basic platforms.

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

I can't find any "I think it's this" button at Gorongosa. What would be the point? If you're not sure, you guess, and if most people's guesses agree, that's a good ID, and if there is much difference of opinion, then it's an ambiguous photo which may need more expert scrutiny

Posted

• parsfan by parsfan

On some zooniverse sites (eg gorongosa or cheetahs of namibia) if you click the 'Often confused with' button, the pop-up for the alternative species has 'I think it's this' and 'Dismiss' buttons, the first takes you direct to the ID interface for that species.
    Snapshot has never done this, being an older project.

Posted

• BHamer by BHamer

My guess is David B doesn't have much occasion to click the "Often confused with" button. 😃

Expanding on what parsfan said, "I think it's this" means "I think it's ACTUALLY this, as opposed to the animal I initially clicked on, now that I've compared the two." It's just a shortcut to your new preferred choice that saves the step of clicking the Cancel button when you change your mind.

I agree that without context, "I think it's this" is ambiguous and sounds like it could mean "This is my best guess among all the animals we have to choose from," which would indeed be pointless.

Posted