Snapshot Serengeti Talk

No Kori Bustards?

• parsfan by parsfan

Have any other "old timers" noticed a big drop-off in Kori Bustard numbers in seasons 5& 6? First couple of seasons I am sure they were much more common.
    Maybe just the captures I've been getting by chance, I suppose.

Dave

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

I dont remember too many Kori bustards either, now you mention it, compared to previous seasons, I thought it might be just down to pot luck, as to what I got to classify. Although I can't remember any Rodents lately either, (I'm excluding Porcupines under the Rodents heading, since they have there own section and I have had some Porcupines, but not other rodents).

Be interesting to see if the scientists have noticed a drop off in numbers of classifications for both Kori Bustards and Rodents in the last few seasons, compared to the earlier seasons and any other animal too?

Posted

• parsfan by parsfan

Almost certainly the reptiles too, since we no longer have the camera with the close up of those nice warm rocks where the lizards used to bask.

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

Funny you should mention reptiles, I was thinking I hadn't seen a reptile either, for quite a while, when suddenly ASG000qozp popped up just a few moments ago!!

Posted

• parsfan by parsfan

Ha! Still a few about, then 😉
    kori bustard

Posted