Snapshot Serengeti Talk

• apolline by apolline

Hi,
    My daughter is completely new to this platform but already loves it. I think she went through more than 400 pics between yesterday and this morning!

My call for improvement would be on the "profile" tab. Wouldn't it be nice (and incentivizing) to see how many images the citizen-scientist tagged and how many animals s/he helped recognizing? Something like "Hey, you have already flagged 30 images with anteelopes and 2 with elephants" or "This week, you've been through XX images, thanks for your help".
    Such a dashboard wouldn't be hard to implement and -I believe- would help reduce the drop-out rate.

Best regards and long life to your project
    Pablo

Posted

• tillydad by tillydad moderator in response to apolline's comment.

Hi there,

I am really pleased that your daughter is enjoying being a citizen scientist and that she is taking such an active role on this site . It can be very addictive !! 😃

If she wishes to see her running total of images that she has classified go to https://www.zooniverse.org/ and the stats for each of her projects are shown on the front page . The totals are not public and only she will see them .

I hope that she continues to assist on this project, it is greatly appreciated by all involved with the project .

If she has any questions then she can post them on here or on the "recent" page . There are always people willing to help with any problems .

Mark aka tillydad 😃

Posted