Snapshot Serengeti Talk

End of Season 10

• maricksu by maricksu moderator

Hi Everybody,

You probably all soon get this message-image on Classify-page, and when you see that, it means that Season 10 is successfully completed! Big thanks to everybody for your absolutely great and valuable work during this season! 😃

Season completed

Season 10 has been so great, with lots of wonderful moments and findings. We have classified 690 000 images and we all have together significantly helped the scientists in this very important long-term research and contributed to the future of our precious nature.

Looking forward to get Season 11 to classify (probably very soon). Really hope that we all meet again when that Season 11 starts. It will be wonderful to jump (like this reedbuck we saw this season) again into the beautiful Serengeti and continue our important and valuable work. Together we make a wonderful team. Thank you all! 😃

Flying Reedbuck

ASG001ydu9

Posted

• Kr1st1en by Kr1st1en

Hello,
    It was a pleasure to help classifying the pictures and I hope the next season will start soon. I miss snapshot Serengeti already.
    See you soon 😃

Posted

• bob63 by bob63

Hello, can anybody tell me when start of new season is to be exspected? I'm missing my daily excursion into african wildlife so much! See you soon 

Posted

Hi All, We all are enthusiastically waiting for the next Snapshot Serengeti season 11 !

The next Snapshot Serengeti season 11 will be launched on a new platform, in SnapshotSafari.

You probably all have already noticed this Blog post (link below) with more information about that.

https://blog.snapshotserengeti.org/2018/01/05/snapshot-serengeti-upcoming-changes/

Check also https://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/boards/BSG0000002/discussions/DSG0001vxe

In that Blog post is information, that they are working very hard to get SnapshotSafari ready to launch in January.

So at the moment we all stay tuned for an official countdown, and keep an eye on updates in Blog and Snapshot Serengeti Facebook.

Of course we let you know if we get more information before the next season starts. See you all, hopefully very soon 😃

Posted

Hi All, we are still waiting for the next Snapshot Serengeti season 11 to start.

Zooniverse team has, as usual during this short break between seasons, re-activated some completed images from previous season, so that the site still works for demonstration and people can classify these if they like. Also that data will be used, but scientists probably don't need that to get a good idea of what each image is. So if you want to take a quick peek at the other projects that might need more help at the moment, e.g.
    WildCam Gorongosa could use your help.

But please stay tuned, keep an eye on updates in Blog and Snapshot Serengeti Facebook, our season 11 starts hopefully soon 😃

Posted