Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Important News to All in SSS

• maricksu by maricksu moderator

Hi All,

News from our Team to all of us!

There had been a technical issue in the system which had prevented some images from showing up to classify. It means, that there are still images to classify from season 10, that are not yet completed.They have fixed that issue now and we can now classify these. So please continue and enjoy your classifying, we are very grateful for all your help! We have just a little bit of time left to classify here, because

The Snapshot Serengeti website will be shut down on February 1, and on the February 6th will be the launching of Snapshot Serengeti season 11 on the new Snapshot Safari platform!

There will be soon more details to all of us, about the Snapshot Serengeti on that new platform Snapshot Safari, in our Blog and Snapshot Serengeti Facebook 😃

Posted

• bob63 by bob63

Hi to all, in the latest blog they advise us to SAVE OUR SERENGETI SNAPSHOT COLLECTIONS to our personal devices!❗️Pass the word, everybody, and can someone please tell me how to do that?❓ I know how to save a single image, but that method would take an awful lot of time! As to the remaining material, I have been shown images to classify for most days all these weeks, and have been really productive- real quick, because many were grass only. Proud to share that I'm at some 7200 now though still a beginner! Thanks to everyone involved for this wonderful project! Very happy to participate in my humble way.

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to bob63's comment.

Hi All,

I understand completely the concern bob63, after reading the Blog post. I don't know, how our image-collections could be saved fast to own computer. Do someone else here know any easy way to do that?

I hope we soon get help, to be added into link below

https://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/?_ga=2.232473503.1403029964.1516701147-753907209.1449504070#/boards/BSG0000009/discussions/DSG0001x12

And so great work bob63, and all you dedicated wonderful people here!!

Added later : Happy news about our collections in link above, nothing to worry! 😃

Posted

• Jamee64 by Jamee64

Hey everyone,

The blog post has been updated! Here is the latest information, which I am sure you will all be happy to hear/read:

"The Snapshot Serengeti website will no longer function after February 1st. When SnapshotSafari launches, the main www.snapshotserengeti.org site will be redirected to SnapshotSafari. The talk.snapshotserengeti.org site won't be changing at all in the short term. In the long term its contents will be archived permanently, including  your collections and favorites."

This news was just received from the Zooniverse team this morning, so we apologize for any stress or confusion this may have caused. We do our best to keep you as informed and up-to-date as possible.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Posted

• Jamee64 by Jamee64

Just for your information:

You can save any image on Snapshot Serengeti by right clicking on it and selecting, "Save As." It is a bit slow, I don't know of any feature where you can download your entire collection, but if you ever want to save pictures to your personal computer or a hard drive, that is one option.

And if you ever want to use the images, remember that they are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/deed.en_US

Posted