Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Very close the end of season

• maricksu by maricksu moderator

Hi all, has someone else already got that 'We are done'-image on Classify-page?? I got now on mine. Not yet have got any other information, but I think we are very very close to completing the current season. That message-image usually appears a bit different time to everyone, because there probably still are some images not yet completed, that need more classifications to be completed, and they are shown to those who have not yet seen them. So please, if you see images to classify, continue your wonderful work until you see the 'We are done'-image, thank you all! 😃

Posted

• bob63 by bob63

Hi maricksu and everyone! I have had the "all images classified " page 3 times now, each time for several days, and then suddenly to my great joy there were images again! I thought each time that the new season had started, but on the home page I see it's still season 10! Anyone understand that? 

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to bob63's comment.

Hi bob63,

We are still enthusiastically waiting for season 11. Images we see at the moment on Classify-page are re-activated, completed images from season 10. I think that is the reason, why also that 'We are done'- image shows among them. Zooniverse team seemingly has, as usual during short break between seasons, done that re-activating, so that the site still works for demonstration and people can classify these if they like. Also that data will be used, but scientists probably don't need that to get a good idea of what each image is.

See also https://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/?_ga=2.266888718.1403029964.1516701147-753907209.1449504070#/boards/BSG0000009/discussions/DSG0001x02

We moderators here have not yet got information from the scientists about that new season 11, but according to Blog that will start on a new Platform, connected to that Snapshot Safari, mentioned in that Blog post. (Snapshot Safari will consist of many projects and Snapshot Serengeti is one of them). I assume that new platform means a new site, with different 'looks'. I also would like to know more about that, so we still have to wait patiently for more information. 😃

Posted

• bob63 by bob63

Hi maricksu,
    thanks as always for your informative and diligent answer! That´s nice of them to give us Serengeti-Junkies something to keep our withdrawal symptoms at bay between seasons. Yes, I saw the blog, and have checked out the snapshot safari site, which is already active with other projects. Even tried some out, but the functionality of Serengeti snapshot as it is now seems far superior to that of other projects I saw. I missed the multiple-image captures there, and the interfaces to my taste weren´t as well designed for quick classifying. So I really hope our project doesn´t change its features too much with this migration.
    In your experience, how long dit it take for a new season to be put online after one was completed? : )

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to bob63's comment.

Thank you for all your feedback, always appreciated!

I also found that Snapshot Safari site. It seems, that some testing has been done with that, not completely ready yet, so I think that 3-shot function was probably just not activated yet.

Last 2 previous season breaks has been short (about 2-3 weeks). I am sure the team is doing their best and working very hard to get also the next season start as soon as possible. I could though imagine that the new Snapshot Safari platform is technically a big operation, and lots of checking etc. needs to be done before launching. In Blog it was mentioned, that they are working hard to get Snapshot Safari ready to launch in January.

The new platform will be a new experience to all of us, so It probably will take all of us a little time to learn, how every button works there, but I am sure we figure all that out as soon as we start there 😃

Posted