Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Collections - add interesting collections here

• tirralirra by tirralirra

This would be a good place to note some of the collections we've come across. For example -

Heronimus has a collection of 346 BIRD images here -
    http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/collections/CSGL00000h

I have a collection of interesting SKIES here -
    http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/#/collections/CSGS0000ig

Someone has a collection of the lion/zebra kill over several days. I wonder where that is?

Posted

Here's the lion kill collection -

CSGL00000w

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

@tirralirra - if you move your mouse cursor over your post, you'll see a couple of links appear in the top right area of the post - Edit, and Remove. Not sure when those were added to functionality here, but I noticed them just the other day. 😃 Thank you for trying to repost my collections in this thread though! Heheh!

Posted

Thanks dms... excellent!

Cheers,
    Gillian

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator

Over 900 big n little wild cats here...CSGS0000i2

I've managed to collect up from various sources, since the tag group I tried to create never worked!! ....not sure what I did wrong with it maybe added to many hashtag words!

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

@AowlanCrystal I don't think you've done anything wrong with making collections from tag groups. I think that functionality doesn't work quite yet. My collections from tag groups aren't working either.

Posted

• okopho by okopho

Tag groups only seem to be useful when a single hashtag is used. If more than one is used, searches will attempt to find matches that contain all the hashtags, rather than just any one of the hashtags.

Posted

Several people have collections based on the #bird tag. So one tag seems to work OK.

Posted

• okopho by okopho

@tirralirra. Tag collections will also work with more than one tag, it's just that all the tags have to match. So a tag collection based on [#buffalo #bird] or [#lion #young] will work, because there are at least some objects that have comments containing both hashtags.

Posted

That figures why my tag collections don't work, too many words, I'd expected it to be able to collect anything with 'any' of, rather than 'all' of the hashtags I'd added, simply because you got the option to add as many as you wanted. Thanks for everyones answers.

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala scientist

I just double-checked with the developers. Sure enough, when you use multiple tags, Talk interprets that to mean "all of" the hashtags, rather than "any."

Posted

• dms246 by dms246 moderator

Here's a small collection I created, showing a sequence over a few hours of an elephant family chilling out for a bit, with various juvenile members of the family stretching out for a nap right in front of the camera. 😃 A couple of people had asked if the baby elephant was dead, seeing a photo of it lying there, so I tracked down some more images from around the same time to see if I could see what was going on, and rather than a tragedy, found a sweet family sequence:

CSGS0000wo

Posted

• wilderzone by wilderzone moderator

I kept running into some pretty funny pictures of animals scratching themselves, so decided to start collecting them. If anyone runs into others, feel free to message me and I'll add them to the collection.

CSGS0000zx

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator in response to wilderzone's comment.

I hash-tagged some as 'Scratching' you might be able to find them under that hashtag.

Posted

• Greyskye by Greyskye

Wow awesome collections 😃 I love those skies.

Posted

• archangelunmei by archangelunmei

I have a collection that's all butts and flanks and noses and other such extreme close-ups.
    CSGS0008t0

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator in response to archangelunmei's comment.

Interesting collection archangelunmei, here are 5 more that you may be interested in for your collection ASG000oax0 ASG00111pz ASG000nr5r ASG000smog ASG00079gd

Posted

• AowlanCrystal by AowlanCrystal moderator in response to archangelunmei's comment.

Found a great collection at CSGL00001e by Gamachii of the collared lion.

Posted

• sisige by sisige

In case anyone else comes across him, especially with the new season pics out, I started a collection of "Sam" pics: CSGS000894 (look for the short left horn and almost completely chopped off right horn, plus the bulge on the right neck, assuming he is still going)

I also made a collection from a particular camera showing a series of elephant visits in February & March 2013: CSGS0007gu (I still think of it as the 'elephant cam' whenever I come across it)

Posted

• archangelunmei by archangelunmei

@AowlanCrystal Ahh, thanks! Those are all great! 😄

Posted

Today reached over 4050 Cat pics collected, from across all seasons!! 😮

To view goto CSGS0000i2

Posted

• parsfan by parsfan

I've got a little collection of tails, might help some identifications when the beast is just out of shot....

http://talk.snapshotserengeti.org/?_ga=1.8727741.940337626.1421579162#/collections/CSGS00096w

Posted

• WEBs_in_space by WEBs_in_space

Since the talk is on 'collections', I have found three collections that are identical, why?

CSGL000062
    CSGL00007m
    CSGL00003z

Stay cool

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator in response to WEBs_in_space's comment.

Yes, there are some identical collections about different animals. When creating collection, it is possible (if want to) to include hashtag into it.
    These collections include hashtag warthog. It means that every time someone posts and tags warthog in Talk, that image will automatically go to that collection. So it is normal on ok that there are also identical collections.

These collections are very helpful to everybody, e.g. if want to see quickly many images of certain animal species to compare. (Of course only if correct animals have been tagged) 😃

Posted

Reached 5000 cat pictures in Collection cats - Collection ID: CSGS0000i2

so starting Collection Cats 2nd album - Collection ID: CSGS000dy7

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

Here are some odd collections of mine.
    The first four are meant to help people learn how to ID animals from a small part of the body.
    The oxpeckers interest me as a birder - what animals do they choose to roost on at night?
    The portraits are just pretty portraits of any animals.

CSGS000cy9 - Belly Flank & Groin

CSGS000cy5 - Noses

CSGS000d3p - Ears

CSGS000cxk - Tails & Rears

CSGS000dkv - Oxpeckers at Night

CSGS000cxf - Night Portraits

CSGS000czk - Day Portraits

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator

I also add here some of my collections 😃

CSGS000dqi - Wildebeest season 10

CSGS000dyr - Impala

CSGS000dyu - Reedbuck

CSGS000dys - Thomsons-gazelle

CSGS000dyt - Grants-gazelle

Posted

• maricksu by maricksu moderator

Here 2 collections, where I have collected images from one camera view. Many of us have called this place unofficially "Dik-dik Corner", because it belongs to a territory of a resident Dik-dik pair, and we are lucky to see them here quite often. Personally love to follow their life and watch their activities. They are active both day and night. This place is also very much favoured by many other interesting animals. 😃

CSGS000d7q - "Dik-dik Corner" camera season 9

CSGS000dqv - "Dik-dik Corner" camera season 10

Posted