Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Sign-in problems--repeated log-ins

• oolfanska by oolfanska

Every time I switch sections, such as between classifying and the help board, or between classifying and discussions, I am being required to re-log in.

Posted

• arfon by arfon

Can you tell me which browser you are using? If you're using Safari you might need to set your preferences to accept third-party cookies.

Posted

• nefibach by nefibach

I'm having this problem too. I'm using Chrome on a Macbook Pro. It's doubt that it's a cookie issue for me as I don't normally have cookie problems like this.

Posted

• arfon by arfon

We're all running on Chrome here too. Can you check this web page and see if you have any settings that are particularly restrictive?enter link description here

Posted

• sbpj by sbpj

Hello arfon,

It happens to me too. I mainly use an Acer laptop with Windows 7 and I reach you via Windows Internet Explorer unless it starts annoying me, in which case I use Mozilla Firefox.

I also regret to inform you of a serious bout of swearing unbecoming to one of my years. Somewhere in one of the postings is mine about the losing of a photograph of someone I think was shooting.

Plus when am I going to my bed? I thought this would be interesting but not as time consuming as the shipping in China in the early years of the last century! I was wrong.

Good night.

Posted

• dacmess by dacmess

I have the same problem running Firefox 17.0.1 on a mac running OSX 10.7.5

Posted

• katherineslive.co.uk by katherineslive.co.uk

Are you guys using the "back" button when switching between pages? I did, and then had the same problem. Now I only use the "return to classifying" button at the top of this page and have no problems. Using Mac Book Pro with latest software (think it's lion).

Posted

• dacmess by dacmess

For me, it doesn't matter whether I use "back" or "return to classifying." I have to re-sign in everytime either way.

Posted

• oolfanska by oolfanska in response to arfon's comment.

I am using Chrome on Mac OS 10.6.8. I have "allow local data to be set" and "block 3rd-party cookies," but other cookies are allowed. I don't have this problem with other Zooniverse sites.

Under 3rd-party cookies, I have listed snapshotserengeti.org and talk.snapshotserengeti.org as allowed exceptions.

I use the site's buttons for navigation, not the "back" button.

The problem happens using Firefox too.

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to oolfanska's comment.

Can you add 'api.zooniverse.org' as an accepted cookie too please and let me know if that helps?

Posted

• Ran-chan by Ran-chan

I'm using an iPad, and have to resign in almost constantly as well.. -every time after going from classify to discuss, and then once again to classify again. Back or classify button doesnt seem to make a difference.
    (sorry I don't know much about computers to be more technical.)

(-Still even so, on a personal note Id like to say, it's been nice to be able to sit on the couch while the kids are playing video games or watching nickelodeon... and be able to contribute to something like this. 😃 -My seven year old animal lover, daughter even thought it was rlly cool and asked LOTS of questions, and has sat with me and wanted to "help me", and I think it made her feel important and even a little special. 😃 So, altho the constant log ins have been pretty daunting, it's still overall been a neat experience..)

Posted

• horkusone by horkusone

I have a Mac and a PC. I only have the login issues when I am using the Mac (Firefox on both) and did not bother checking cookies. I just use the PC for this site.

Posted