Snapshot Serengeti Talk

Sharing actual images not just the links

• kathelpingID by kathelpingID

I would like to have the image show in a tweet rather than just a link to the Discussion page with the image. Is there a way to do this?

I've tried tweeting both from the Classification page & the Discussion page but they both work out the say way ... a link to Discussion page with image.

Having the image appear directly in the tweet would generate more interest in the project, I think. At the least it helps people see these wonderful animal in their native habitat & maybe help inspire others to care about Earth's environment & it's inhabitants.

edit: I should say is there an easy way to do this without having to Save the Image, compose tweet, then attach the image to my tweet?

Posted

In the span of 17mins I got 4 retweets by 3 different people on 2 different photos, by having the photo show up in the tweet .. while I got none without it. It just takes longer to Save the Image & attach to a tweet than it does just clicking the share on Twitter button. Plus less time spent classifying.

Posted

• tillydad by tillydad moderator

Have never used twitter, so cannot help . Perhaps one of the @zooniverse team could help ? 😃

Posted

Thanks tillydad, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing for those special images I like to share. 😃 People seem to like them & I say to think of them as a safari from your home. lol And to come help classify since it's fun, unexpectedly amazing & helps science.

Posted

• tillydad by tillydad moderator in response to kathelpingID's comment.

Will have to try twitter one day, but not just yet as plenty to do on here and on the Gorongosa site too ! 😃

Posted