Snapshot Serengeti Talk

zoom

• sillymoo by sillymoo

Please can we have a zoom function??

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

I think I read somewhere that the pictures we get are at the highest resolution. So zooming in wouldn't be of any use. It would just get blurrier.

Posted

• BBCoaster by BBCoaster

Try using windows magnifier. Accessoeries-Ease of access-Magnifier. It can be minimized to the bottom of the page and used when needed.

Posted

• v3nom by v3nom

It is not true ElisabethB! We got used to see blurred images in Galaxy Zoo and they are still pretty useful 😉

I read that images actually are scaled down to make download process reasonable. There could be button to request higher resolution if necessary.

Posted

• davidbygott by davidbygott moderator

If you happen to have an iPad or other tablet with a touch screen, use that - that is what I often do, and it's good enough to ID the critters that y'all say are too distant to ID 😃

Posted

• v3nom by v3nom

I bought Samsung 10 inch tablet recently and I have noticed that zoom feature is pretty cool! However site and most of sites hosted by zooniverse are very difficult to use on tablets, as they are designed for desktops. I am web developer and I can propose wireframes that will improve user experience. l can do it for free, as I am fan of open source and citizen science 😃 Who should I contact?

Posted